Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mexico Day 7




For some reason, I never wrote down what we did our last three days of our trip. Yeah, I'm lame so I'm winging it from here on out. On Day 7, we were still in Oaxaca and decided to track down where Nacho Libre was filmed. On the way there, we saw a motorcyclist get hit. He didn't look dead.
We looked around Etla and couldn't figure out where it was. We then went to the church in Etla, and thought, well this looks more or less like the church in Nacho Libre. Kelli looked over the valley, and yelled to me. The church was over on the other side of the valley. We hired two teens in a moto-taxi to take us to the church, and then took pictures of the place. We didn't stay too long, and headed back to Oaxaca. I really enjoyed that town.

We then traveled to Puebla that afternoon. We got to Puebla at 9:00 pm in the evening. Kelli slept most of the bus ride, I stared out the window. We drove past a simply incredible looking volcano. Anyway, Puebla at night was sketchy. I was exhausted so when we got there, I let Kell communicate with the taxi driver. Both were extremely fustrated with the other, and so I stepped in and talked to the taxi driver and we got to where we were staying. I apologized to Kelli for not stepping in sooner.

When we arrived at the hostel, the receptionist claimed we had no reservation. After arguing for 15 minutes, I showed him the reservation on-line. Needless to say, we shouldn't have stayed there. That place had no security, the shower sucked, we were staying in a room that didn't lock. After we got that straightened out, we went out for water but didn't go real far. I was a little spooked by the city, and it takes a lot to spook me in Latin America. Anyway, we didn't sleep all that well that night and I wasn't sure about Puebla.

Mexico Day 7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"On the way there, we saw a motorcyclist get hit. He didn't look dead."

Far out.

Joy said...

Pretty much. Welcome to Latin America.